I'm back! Makeup Lust: Accessorize Merged Eyeshadow Trio
Saturday 26 January 2013, Saturday, January 26, 2013 |

Hello my little dolls, I am absolutely THRILLED to see that people have still been accessing, reading and following my blog, you guys are too sweet :) Well I'm back now to give you more lovely content to brighten up your beauty days, I hope you enjoy it! I apologise for my lack of commitment but I am hoping that this year I can improve it and really stick together with you guys.

Now, onwards! I've got some really stunning eyeshadows to tell you guys about and they're becoming real staples in my makeup collection. I got them as a christmas gift in a set, so I don't think they're sold anymore but they're the Accessorize Merged Eyeshadows in shades 7, 8 and 9; Golden Caramel, Molten Copper and Cosmic Rays.





They've got this cute little almost dish-like plastic packaging with the Accessorize logo and butterfly on the front in gold font, which while looks attractive can be a little difficult to see in photos! 



Shade #7 Golden Caramel


Shade #8 Molten Copper


Shade #9 Cosmic Rays

There's a golden sticker on the back of all of the shadows and the back is actually flat so you can stand them back to back and they fit a lot better in your makeup set than a rounded off tin would, it's really easy to open the lid to the packaging no fussing around but it's not loose and cheap wherein you'd drop it and it would smash right open. Now let's talk shades!



The first and my favourite shade is Golden Caramel and that actually describes it really well. It has this stunning, rich, light caramel/champagne/pink/peach colour with strong opacity (and all these eyeshadows have even better opacity when you use a damp brush as they are baked eyeshadows), this has a medium amount of fall-out but if you apply and pick up gently then you'll be fine. I really like to use this as an all over facial highlight, brow bone highlight, all over base colour for eyeshadow and its really pretty lightly dusted as an inner corner highlight :)




Okay so truth be told I am an absolute SUCKER for any eyeshadows that are brown, gold, copper or bronze, or anything in that family really. I can't help it! I love warm tones, they're so flattering on all eye colours, hair colours, outfits, skin tones and are extremely versatile. Molten Copper is definitely a rich, orangey copper that has subtle glitters of gold and brown, do take care in the sense that this colour by far has the most fallout, so it can fall into eyelashes and if you're not aware into the eye, this is pretty rare though and most competent people won't do this, maybe it's just me haha =___= One of my favourite things about Molten Copper is that it looks as if they have baked gold leaf into the eyeshadow and it looks really pretty, strong mixture of warm tones does me just fine!



Cosmic Rays is a very unique eyeshadow with a cool name, I myself actually use khaki colours every now and then with gold on the lid and dark khaki/browns in the crease, but I am actually yet to use it. Cosmic Rays looks more like a planet than it does an eyeshadow, but like Molten Copper it has that stunning baked gold leaf appearance in pan. From swatches alone it appears to have the least fallout of the three, with a strong pearlescent khaki base and fine golden shimmer rather than almost glitters in the other two shades, I think this would look incredible on someone with brown eyes or with violet eyes (you can always try contacts though!) but khaki is far more of a workable shade than you might think, so don't not give Cosmic Rays a chance!

If you live in the UK Accessorize is a much more accessible (see what I did there?) brand to you than in other countries and from what I can tell on the website is stocked by Monsoon, however from browsing the website alone this trio doesn't appear to be available, maybe it's just a holiday set? I am unaware of the prices unfortunately as again it was a gift, but if you do ever come across these eyeshadows they are beautiful! I have seen Accessorize standalone stores in England but I'm not entirely sure of their stance now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment