Lip Lust!: Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in Persian Melon
Thursday 4 October 2012, Thursday, October 04, 2012 |

It is proper sweltering outside today! Don't know how I'm going to handle summer when I begin to melt at 31 degrees, goodness me. Onwards my beautiful sunshine babies, I have a fantastic product I am dying to tell you all about, never thought I would have any luck finding it over here but alas, discount beauty stalls strike again with great success. A Revlon classic, the Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in (such a beautiful name;) Persian Melon.

Moon Drops is a cult classic at Revlon and when it was released it was a huge deal in the beauty industry. When it was released in the 60's it was marketed as the first "wet" lipstick, that moisturised and conditioned the lips unlike any other lip colour out there!

Ad from 1965 for Moon Drops Lipstick

Moon Drops is still as creamy and moisturising now as it was back in the day, keeping my lips smooth and soft, without worrying about my lips getting dry or flaky, plus the colour lasts for a long time too! I had Persian Melon on my lips for about two hours before it faded once I ate, very impressive for a cream lipstick that doesn't make claims about long wear. 


Excuse the slightly dodgy skin! I took all my makeup off before I went to work out and it was a waste putting it back on. Persian Melon is this super bright, neutral almost hot pink (the colour looks much more hot pink in person) that is unmistakably stand out as well as flattering. I love the name of the lipstick too! Persian Melon... it sounds so exotic and Middle Eastern! As I said before the colour is really long lasting and even as it fades it leaves a really beautiful pink tint on the lips, Moon Drops favours very bright bold hues, so if you like strong colours or especially orange lipsticks then Moon Drops is for you! The only qualm most people have with Moon Drops is the scent, I personally don't find it an offensive smell in any way, it's got that older women's lipstick smell a bit, but it's not overwhelming and doesn't stop me from loving it.

The iconic bright green bullet! At least it's easy to find in your makeup bag :)


I have never, ever seen the Moon Drops lipstick at Revlon counters or stands in any Australian store before, so imagine my surprise at seeing about 6 of them at a good old discount beauty stand. The specific name was "Discount Beauty Warehouse", it's not actually a warehouse. Basically it's one of those stands that carries discontinued items or shades, as well as the odd product from lesser known brands, as well as cheap versions of products that are readily available, they have them in most shopping centres over here but obviously this would vary from place to place. I believe these cost about $8 USD and generally a Revlon lipstick in Australia costs around $18 - $25 (ridiculous right?!), so to see these, as well as a fair few shades of the incredible Super Lustrous lipsticks for only $10 was a sure sight for sore eyes. I couldn't resist a bargain!

If you are not sensitive to smells in cosmetics, love bright opaque lipsticks and are a great beauty bargain hunter I can highly recommend the Revlon Moon Drops lipsticks, if you can't find them locally you could always grab one on eBay, best of luck girls! XO

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,



Blogger Lisa left on 4 October 2012 at 07:06  

That looks very nice on you! Most of their Moon Drops is out of my lip range.. lol!

http://swatchesandwhatnot.blogspot.com


Blogger Unknown left on 4 October 2012 at 19:43  

Oh thank you! Haha usually most lipsticks look shocking on me, I always choose dodgy colours especially with pinks :( But I love this one! Got lucky for once :) xo

Post a Comment