Hair Lust: Redken All Soft Shampoo & Conditioner
Sunday 26 August 2012, Sunday, August 26, 2012 |

I'm back! I know, you guys probably forgot about me (insert broken heart here) but hopefully you'll remember me now :) I've got plenty to talk to you guys about to! Lemme tell you about a product that I've fallen back in love with, you know how you collect so much stuff that you actually forget about your old favourites? Yep? Nope? Well I plan on telling you anyways about the Redken All Soft Shampoo & Conditioner.


One of my gripes with my hair is that due to the styling and basically trauma I put my hair through in order to look like a civilised human being is that my hair is prone to dryness, brittleness, breakage, dullness, and all the other no-no's of hair! I have plenty of ways of combatting these issues and currently my hair is in the healthiest condition it's been in in about 3 or 4 years, I haven't bleached my hair in 2 years and only now my blonde has started to stop growing through (except for an odd blonde patch on the back of my hair). I have quite an array in my hair-care army that keeps me looking fabulous and you all know how much I adore the John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo & Conditioner and the L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Color Care Systme Moisture Reparative Masque (it's the pink and purple one!) and I've actually owned the All Soft duo for quite some time, but since I was loving the John Frieda set since I came back from the UK in April it remained unused in my shower.

My only issue with All Soft is that they purposely create the shampoo bottle to store 50ml more than the conditioner as what is clearly a marketing scheme so that you buy the conditioner again, since we all use far more conditioner than shampoo; especially us girls desperate to restore dry hair. The price isn't totally cheap and is upwards of $20 a bottle (I can't recall the price right now), but at Hairhouse Warehouse they'll often sell giftpacks with this duo at a discounted price.

All Soft doesn't have a particular scent to it which I appreciate, as strong fragrance (as great as it is to have hair that smells amazing!) it isn't good for my scalp condition. The shampoo gently cleanses my hair without making it feel dry, dehydrated or tangled. I'd say it prepares your hair with the right level of cleanliness in order to absorb the conditioner, but not leave your hair with build-up or any greasiness, which is typical of moisturising products. It has a peachy-beige colour and is like a silky gel, whereas the conditioner is a buttery white cream that doesn't (again) have any hint of greasiness or oil to it. I like to leave my conditioner on for about 3 minutes or just while I'm shaving or anything else that you do in the shower and my hair feels significantly softer afterwards. I love that after I shower using this product my curls (even though I never leave my hair natural for the sake of people's eyes and my own self-esteem) are a lot more defined and healthy looking, whereas if I've used bad products my hair doesn't curl and rather becomes a mass of frizzy undefined waves.

I think once I finish my bottles of the John Frieda duo (which are almost out) I'll start getting back into All Soft again, I never really thought that much of it before my holiday but now that my hair's in a better condition I can actually see it's effectiveness more now than ever. I can certainly recommend All Soft to anyone who wants just that; hair that is soft all over!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment