Skin Lust: Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturiser SPF15
Sunday 12 August 2012, Sunday, August 12, 2012 |

I'm back! Did you miss me? :) I am terribly sorry for my absence but I have had writers block for weeks now and haven't had a single clue what to write about. But in this time I have bought tons of new products (literally I'm such an addict at the moment it's getting pretty hectic) so I have loads to review for you guys in the future, exciting right?


I've never really been one to use a separate day and night moisturiser, but I couldn't resist the Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturiser SPF 15 when I saw it reduced to $13 rather than the usual $20, I do love a good sale! I've heard really fantastic things about this moisturiser and in terms of moisturisers/sunscreens this is about as natural as they come. One of the main concepts is that an ingredient of all of the Yes To products is a "blend of 26 dead sea minerals that help seal in vitamins and hydration". This of course doesn't mean anything and there's no research sustaining their claim, but regardless this moisturiser has a very elegant blend of ingredients that are a real treat for your skin. Zinc oxide is the ingredient that gives the SPF protection which is fantastic all year round, especially in summer. This moisturiser is best suited for normal to dry skin not prone to blemishes (emollient products can cause blemishes) and as the formula is quite thick  and moisturising it's probably too heavy for oily or oily combination skin.

In terms of texture this is definitely a creamy moisturiser and I've found it actually takes quite a while to blend in, it takes about a minute or so before it blends but once it is blended it dries quickly to a healthy matte finish without any greasiness you'd usually expect from a sunscreen, a huge plus! It has a slight sunscreen scent but I believe Yes To added fragrance to it (the last ingredient, so it has a very little to no chance of irritating the skin) to either cover up the sunscreen scent or enhance it, I'm not too sure. 

I can highly recommend the Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturiser SPF 15 for anyone who's willing to splash out a little more on the drugstore front without paying a high end price, the formula is just as luxurious if not more than some Estee Lauder and Clinique moisturisers!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment