Makeup Lust: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector
Monday 3 September 2012, Monday, September 03, 2012 |

Hi my little sweethearts! Today I've got a real treat of a product to talk to you guys about and it's gonna become a staple in my makeup collection (long as I can keep finding it! It's discontinued and really hard to find) but regardless I've gotta gush about it; the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector.


Packaged in a sleek dual-ended tube are an amazing highlighter and concealer combo in the shade Light Medium, and the ends are packaged (as well as tinted) to match their products. I got this for $10 at a discounted price from Nova Pharmacy (my friend bought it for me, love it!) and if you're lucky you should be able to still spot it in some pharmacies and on eBay as well, onto the products!


I'm very picky about my concealers as I have a lot of requirements my dream concealer has to meet. The areas of my skin that require concealing tend to be drier than the rest of my face, or oilier due to a growing blemish meaning my concealer will melt off; so it needs to be long lasting. I love a medium to full coverage concealer to cover up any scars and since I don't have a huge issue with dark circles I like my concealer to be one that gives good radiance (I often use a separate concealer for brightening but now I don't have to!). It sounds impossible but I've most definitely found it! This concealer lends great medium to full coverage opacity in an extremely lightweight concealer that requires quick blending (due to its fast setting and flattering matte finish) and has a flattering neutral/yellow undertone that suits my skin perfectly. I find this concealer so well pigmented and blendable that I can afford to use it on drier areas without fear of flaking and underneath the eyes without settling into any lines. As this is an anti ageing based line in the Maybelline family the concealer is designed to mask "adult imperfections" such as discolouration and scars caused by the sun and broken capillaries.


The highlighter end is just as stellar and I'm absolutely loving it! It has a thinner texture (with a brush tip instead of the doe-foot sponge of the concealer, which applies the thicker texture of the concealer better) that has more slip, meaning you have more blending time. It has sheer to light coverage with a matte/satin finish rather than a shimmer or pearl finish typical of most highlighters such as Benefit High Beam. I find this highlighter is subtle enough to really brighten up underneath my eye area above my foundation and concealer as well as down the bridge of my nose, cupids bow, below my bottom lip, cheekbones and my browbones. Because it has a pinker/peachier tone rather than a yellow tone such as the concealer it can neutralise your skin tone more and bring more brightness to the affected area (think about the Bobbi Brown correctors and it works a similar but better effect!).


I really do adore this product and have been using it every day since I got it, hopefully I can use it in a tutorial for you guys soon as I can't wait to try it out and gush about it even more!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment