Makeup Lust: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
Friday 13 July 2012, Friday, July 13, 2012 |

Okay, let me start of by saying I am obsessed with this product! What is it you may ask? Well you should have read the title! Kidding, it's the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer! A drugstore dupe of the famed YSL Touche Éclat and the Lancôme Teint Miracle Instant Retouch Pen Lit-From-Within Perfector at a fraction of the price and equal the quality. 

Shade 02 Nude (Credit)

I've been raving for weeks now about the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer but I honestly like this even more. My skin has been so dull cause of this chilly winter weather so anything with the words illuminating, highlighting, dewy finish are standing out to me in a positive way (which is usually the opposite for my typically combination/oily skin!) so I figured this would be a great option. Supposedly Dream Lumi Touch gives a light coverage but depending on how you apply I feel it can easily spread to medium, it blends so effortlessly; like silk and the colour is a perfect match for my skin. The concept of the packaging is the same as Touche Éclat with the click pen and synthetic brush (which are notoriously difficult to clean, so I don't suggests using this concealer on other people or lending it to your friends due to bacteria!), at first it took me a moment to figure out which way to twist the bottom of the pen since I was worried I'd break it, but it's simple and easy, the first time you use it though you have to twist it for a while till the product comes up and after that you're set!

This is incredible for highlighting and brightening underneath the eyes and on any dark spots on the face, I feel that it's moisturising enough to use to cover blemishes but you don't want them to be illuminated! My trick is that I apply this concealer on blemishes and dark spots before applying foundation because I love the coverage, finish and lasting power, and after foundation I use it to highlight under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, on my cupids bow and around my eyebrows and forehead to add dimension (these are the areas I want to be illuminated and stand out, whilst underneath my foundation I want blemishes to be covered.). Dream Lumi Touch has a thin and again super blendable texture that doesn't cake or dry out, nor accentuate wrinkles or fine lines. 

I went to Myer after buying Dream Lumi Touch to take a look at Touche Éclat at the YSL counter and one of the things I noticed is that the shades of Touche Éclat lean much more on the pink/peach side, where I find that Dream Lumi Touch leans more on the neutral to yellow undertone side, which is much better for me because those are the undertones of my skin personally, meaning I would prefer it over YSL in that sense. 

I bought Dream Lumi Touch for about $10.99 at Priceline (it was discounted from a few dollars more which is great) and I highly, highly recommend it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment