Lip Lust: Maybelline Color Sensational Créme Lip Gloss in Born With It
Tuesday 24 July 2012, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 |

Maybe I was born with it? Sorry I can't help it! It's just Maybelline, and an amazing product at that, everyone knows that the Color Sensation Lipsticks are some of the best of the best at the drugstore, and their lip glosses follow suit. Allow me to rave to you about the Maybelline Color Sensation Créme Lip Gloss in Born With It. I don't actually own many, or any lip glosses at all (how embarrassing...) because I've never really liked them, I always found they left a film on my lips that would turn white; yucky! Or my boyfriend would object to them, they do add a strange layer for kisses after all, but this is a great first one for me.




I found it a little disappointing that the Color Sensation Créme Lip Glosses didn't have any writing or details on the packaging aside from the tiny (almost illegible) sticker on the bottom indicating the shade. It means that the packaging isn't distinguishable from any other regular lip gloss and considering it truly is a stellar product that's a bit of a shame to me, I guess you could say the packaging is an understatement. Regardless Color Sensation Créme Lip Glosses are packaged in a sturdy plastic tube with a twist up doe foot sponge applicator that applies cleanly without pulling out excess product from the tube, receding the chance of wasting the product. I also found that the applicator never deposits too much product, rather just right or a little bit under. 

The texture has almost zero stickiness and doesn't grab onto my hair when it's windy (definitely a plus!) and feels luxuriously smooth and soft. It leaves my lips hydrated and moisturised which is another key point for me, anything that dries out my lips even remotely is a no-go for me. Color Sensation Créme Lip Glosses, depending on which shade you choose impart fairly strong colour across the whole range, though some such as the reds are more pigmented than others. I'd say I had to reapply after about every 2 to 3 hours to maintain maximum glossy effect and that's perfectly fine by me, especially considering Maybelline don't advertise this as a long wear gloss.




Born With It is listed in the pink range of Color Sensation Créme Lip Glosses, it's not as strong pink as the other pinks in the range (Pink Perfection, Hooked on Pink and Raspberry Sorbet) and I'd call it the nude pink of the range. I was tossing up between Pink Perfection and Born With It but I've really been wanting a great pink nude that doesn't make my lips look dead, looks great as a stand alone colour (which is does because it's got great colour deposit) and that I can layer over a nude lipstick; hence my choice was Born With It. It gives amazing gloss and shine without looking overdone or heavy, rather it highlights the lips in a beautiful and youthful way, making your complexion look that touch healthier. 

Like most products in Australia it doesn't come supremely cheap (at $14.99 from Coles and almost all drugstore and pharmacy outlets, as well as supermarkets) but it's a cheap option when you compare prices as opposed to most products over here, and this would show up as about average. I highly recommend them especially for young girls who are just starting to wear and experiment with makeup.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment