Skin Lust: The Face Shop Clean Face Oil Free Sunscreen SPF35 PA++
Friday 20 July 2012, Friday, July 20, 2012 |

Regardless of the time of year, it's always integral that you keep your skin protected from UVA and UVB rays from the harsh sun. In Summer the sun is easily more evident from the heat and shining weather, but it's also strong in winter and can be magnified even more. Especially in locations such as the snow, where the skies can be clear of clouds but the UV rays bounce off the white of snow, and onto your face, eek! The real key to anti-aging, preventing wrinkles and dark spots is sun protection, no matter what age you are. Not only is The Face Shop Clean Face Oil Free Sunscreen SPF35 PA++ a staple in my skincare routine, but it's also great underneath my makeup and keeps it lasting all day! Want to know more?



I've had this sunscreen for about 2 years now (I know! Forgive me!), and I bought it before I went on a holiday to Bali. Naturally oil-free (who wants to be oily on their holiday?) and giving me a "fresher matte look" appeals to me and did at the time as my skin was always shiny and I didn't know how to control it. The inclusion of a small amount of tea tree oil is capable of having anti-bacterial properties but keep aware that too much can be irritating to the skin! It doesn't have any fragrance or even a strong sunscreen scent which is great for sensitive skin, personally I like sunscreen scent as it reminds me of the beach but for people who don't this is a great option. Clean Face Oil Free Sunscreen is packaged in a 50ml squeeze tube which also keeps it sanitary and not messy; instead of a jar where you dip your fingers in constantly or a pump where product can get clogged or leak. 


Clean Face Oil Free Sunscreen has a light and creamy texture that is easily blended into the skin with gentle patting motions, which I find is the most effective method. I like to apply it before all of my facial makeup and after my skincare routine and because of the matte finish I don't have to use another primer, and my makeup adheres well and lasts all day. One of my favourite things about this sunscreen and one of my gripes with most sunscreens is the grease factor, and this sunscreen has none! It's so frustrating having that thick and heavy finish and encourages people to not wear sun protection, it doesn't clog my pores and (most importantly) doesn't make me break out or aggravate any of my acne. I can't recall the price but I believe it was under $20 and should be available at all of The Face Shop stores, and it's on their international website here

I can highly recommend that you use any form of sun protection all year round, and if you're looking into a light cream that you can use comfortably as a base and all round great sunscreen then definitely look into Clean Face Oil Free Sunscreen.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment