Beauty Lust: Pearl!
Wednesday 13 June 2012, Wednesday, June 13, 2012 |

I don't always pay attention to the main trends in the beauty industry, I mean I know them, but I have my little favourites regardless of what's in season, and right now my favourite is Pearl products, especially nails and shadows!

Credit: From left to right: Revlon Top Speed Nail Enamel in "Sheer Pearl", Essie "Kisses and Bises, O.P.I "I Juggle... Men", M.A.C "Frayed to Order" (my favourite!) and Chanel "Pearl Drop".

I love the look of nails like a mother of pearl, my favourite that I own has definitely been O.P.I "Otherwise Engaged"  and when I was cleaning out my nail polish collection yesterday I found this little nail polish from some random little brand called Blush Amour and the colour is number 21, it's a white pearl with slight pink shimmers, I have a photo on my instagram (@bigfatsquishycheeks)! I think that pearl nails are understated and simple, but so so so delicate and feminine! Plus it makes my nails look so shiny and healthy, and adds dimension.

I've also been really loving pearl eyeshadow, I love a strong metallic with smooth application and one sweep dimension and that's what a great pearl eyeshadow should be, that's my favourite part about a pearl is they're never one solid colour, there's always hints of pink and they're always shiny. A lot of brands sell eyeshadows or have at least one eyeshadow series that involves pearls, including:


Some of the best available pearl shades include:

M.A.C Woodwinked

M.A.C All That Glitters

NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow in Pearl

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized Eyeshadow in Sinful Sinnamon 

Maybelline also have a line of Pearl lipsticks in their Color Sensation Lipstick line, the (you guessed it!)  Color Sensational Pearl Lipsticks. I'm not quite ready yet for pearl lips, but I'm really enjoying eyes and nails so I'll let you all know soon!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment