Makeup Lust: MAC Eyeshadow in Cork
Monday 28 January 2013, Monday, January 28, 2013 |

Hi babes! How are you? :) Good I would hope, I've got something dead exciting to talk to you about, well not really but it's exciting because its an awesome product and you should know about it so you TOO can experience the awesome-ness, how does that sound? Good? Keep reading!



It's a MAC product of course it's fantastic, Cork is (as described by MAC) a muted golden brown and that pretty much hits the hammer on the head. I'd say it was a neutral golden brown that isn't too warm nor too cool, meaning it suits a large variety of skin tones, brow colours and eye colours. I like that although Cork is a satin finish it's honestly close enough to a matte that you can use it for contouring and your eyebrows with looking weird.


The reason I bought Cork is that for my eyebrows I use three colours all from my Coastal Scents 88 Original Eyeshadow palette, and the lightest brown colour is pretty much empty because it works for everything, brows, crease shading, nose contouring, it's just fantastic and I think everyone needs a staple light/medium brown in their collection, so versatile! So I use it now for those purposes, eyebrows, nose/bottom lip contouring and as an all around eyeshadow and it's such a pleasure to use. Cork has effortless blendability, strong colour payoff and has that MAC smooth, slightly buttery yet dry enough texture. I think its such an essential colour that you really can't go wrong with. 

There were also two main factors in my choosing of Cork over other matte browns in the MAC collection, none of the other colours really matched what I had in the Coastal Scents palette, they were generally too cool (e.g. Charcoal Brown, Wedge), too dark (Embark & Espresso) or had too much red brown in them (.e.g Swiss Chocolate), and some were even too warm! (Here's looking at you.. Saddle...) so it seemed that I was left to the Satins, but I'm glad I was :)

In Australia MAC Eyeshadows retail for $33 each.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment