Thumbs Down: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Lipcolor
Wednesday 18 July 2012, Wednesday, July 18, 2012 |

A while ago my Mum and I were buying Revlon Nail Lacquer and Priceline had an offer where you could get a free Revlon lip gloss or lipstick, rushing quickly to choose I picked up a gloss, specifically the Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Lipcolor (also known as the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick) in Perfect Peony.



I want to like this, I really really do! But I just cannot do it. This lip gloss applies smoothly, is highly pigmented, shiny and light, but that's where the positives end. I really do adore the colour, and everything else about it just seems so wonderful right? Unfortunately this lip gloss/topcoat hybrid has an extremely drying formula, and minutes after application your can feel the moisture being sucked out of your lips. Applying balm doesn't help you out and only hinders the application. Revlon maintains that the Ultimate Lipcolor lasts for 12 hours or more but after around 12 minutes it starts to flake and show patches on your lips, such a shame since Perfect Peony amongst all the other shades are incredible!




Perfect Peony is such a beautiful subtle peachy pink with tiny hints of golden shimmer, it kind of reminds me of Nars Orgasm in a lip gloss/lip paint form. I might keep trying to use it with application of lip balms earlier on because I really want to love this, but for now I cannot recommend it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment