Skin Savers: Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturiser for Dry/Combination Skin
Saturday 7 July 2012, Saturday, July 07, 2012 |

Hi my little munchkins! Long time no see :) Winter has been hitting me and my skin hard, as well as the rest of Melbourne! So unfortunately my Neutrogena moisturiser just hasn't been strong enough for me, the cold is making my dermatitis act up too so the dryness around my nose, forehead and even my eyebrows is getting hardcore, so I figured it's time to pull out the big guns.


I first bought this at Selfridges when I was (you guessed it..) in the UK and it wasn't cheap, I believe it was between £30 and £39, I can't remember exactly, and what's funny is at first I hated it. My skin in the UK was awful, I had so much acne, I think it may have been from the flight drying my skin out, but also more for the fact that I barely drank water when I was in London because I think it tastes disgusting, it's very hard and slimy water, but it worked great when I was washing my hair. I didn't bring my Neutrogena moisturiser because my brother wanted to keep it at home for his skin, so I took my Laneige Water Sleeping Pack with me instead. Clearly by the amount of acne I had my skin was not pleased, so I sought an alternative. I know that the majority of Clinique products are unfragranced but I could not stand the scent of this, it's not a chemical smell or anything but it's just a bit unpleasant. 

I stopped using this moisturiser for about 2 months because I figured it was making my acne worse from when I was on holiday, but my skin needs drastic help. Super Rescue is an incredible blend of water, silicone, thickeners, shea butter (ultra moisturising!), fatty acids (more moisture!), glycerin, antioxidants (preventing free radical damage), cell-communication ingredients and skin identical ingredients, all packaged in a opaque tube protecting these state of the art ingredients from contamination or sunlight, perfect!

Super Rescue is a fairly thick beige coloured cream that blends into the skin smoothly and effortlessly, and honestly I use this for daytime, nighttime and as a base for my makeup since it's much better than any of my silicone primers for my dry skin right now! It's great for dry and dry combination skin (they also make a very dry variant and a combination oily to oily skin variant) but this one is a bit too emollient for areas where you have a lot of acne, which would encourage more acne.

Super Rescue keeps my skin hydrated, plump and soft, it sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave any shiny or oily residue. It's a great product if you're willing to splurge on your skin and give it moisturiser that has one of the best state of the art formulas representing how far skincare has come.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment